Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 7:38:29 PM EDT
After building a postban AR15, I'm wondering what magazines are legal in Ohio? Can anyone elaborate on the Mag issue of what is legal and illegal, how to tell if a magazine is preban or not and if it is preban can you use it in a post ban rifle? Also, is the consequences the same if charged with using an illegal mag as it would be an illegal rifle?
Thanks!
Allen
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for dates or "For LEO/Military use Only" on the mag. You can use pre-ban mags in a post ban gun. As for specific Ohio laws, I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If your AR (assault rifle) can *ACCEPT* magazines with greater than 10 rounds capacity, it's illegal in the city of Columbus.  My guess is that Cleveburgh [;)] would have similar laws, too.

I ran into this gem when I was researching gun laws while considering a move to Columbus.  I have an AK that can take big mags (I have two) so I'll have to store it with a friend who lives down in Athens.

- CD
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually live in a suburb, Hilliard. I'm just wondering what capacity mag
I need to bring to the range in Deleware without getting funny looks or
something said to me.
Thanks
Allen
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Ohio law is max of 30 in mag, and 1 in the "pipe"...more in the mag is considered an "automatic firearm"..only legal in a registered NFA firearm. There was a fella here that stated he was OHIO LE, and said most won't bother you, as it is uneforcable, so he states.
I would not worry about it, just stick to the 20's and 30's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top