Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 7:03:08 PM EDT
Luckily I live in NV, but what is the punishment for the poor souls in California who get caught with a post-ban AR-15
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably castration.(Oh wait that would be too cruel for the liberal regime)
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
[qoute]Originally posted by geezhound...
Probably castration.(Oh wait that would be too cruel for the liberal regime)[/quote]

I don't know, would possibly stop future generations of NRA members from owning guns I guess
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally posted by geezhound...
Probably castration.(Oh wait that would be too cruel for the liberal regime)
View Quote

I don't know, would possibly stop future generations of NRA members from owning guns I guess
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you mean an unregistered AW. I don't know probably not much right now since there are LEOs who have yet to register and a District Atty is suing the state because the laws are so confusing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Misdemeanor: Criminal offense Punishable By Up To 1 Year In Jail.

Felony: Criminal Offense Punishable By More Than 1 Year In Prison

A Misdemeanor will send you to Jail.
A Felony will you to Prison.

Felonies exist under both State and Federal Law. I believe all Federal Offenses are Felonies, while only some State Offenses are Felonies.

A Misdemeanor doesn't affect your rights, unless it is for Domestic Violence (Thank You, LATENBURG [/Sarcasm])

A Felony will cause you to loose your Gun Rights and your voting rights.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The interesting one is Tax Violations. Tax Violations are Federal Felonies. But, take a close look at the wording of the Constitution.

The exact amendment was designed to prevent a Poll Tax on Blacks, but the wording is broad enough to allow felons to vote if their offense was a tax violation.

Amendment XXIV

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied o r abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
View Quote

If this were to be upheld in SCOTUS, then the Government would have to do something. A felony denies the right to vote. So, theoretically, no tax violation including an NFA Violation could be considered a Felony. The Federal Government only has Felonies, so there could be no Federal Tax Laws. The snowball effect would be the voiding of all tax laws including the NFA until such time as the situation could be remedied by changing the law, if it could even get done.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#11]
There are federal misdemeanors, they just don't get used much. What if you are DWI in a federal park? How about minor thefts? What if a civilian commits a minor offense on a military base? Most of the states have laws letting the feds file these charges in the state court, but there are still federal laws for a lot of this stuff, but they generally only apply at government facilities like parks, military bases and office buildings. These cases are tried in front of a US Magistrate Judge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top