Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 2:32:19 PM EDT
Just wondering since the ak47 pistol doen't have a detachable mag, would it be legal to own in Kali?
Would the 75 round drum attached permanently to the reciever be an issue?

I'm not talking about the krinkov.

Here's a pic [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2848259[/url]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The Caliban would consider that one an Assault Weapon.

A pistol having a fixed magazine with a capacity over 10 rounds qualifies.  (Yes, so are some Broomhandle Mausers, but that's what the Caliban says.)

The conical flash hider is another AW feature for handguns IIRC.

Also, the handguard would probably qualify as a "barrel shroud" because it might protect the shooter's hand from getting burned after he shoots up a couple of school buses full of Kindergartners.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
hehehe

"caliban"

I like that.  Mind if I use that some time?

[:)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I forget who first posted about the "Caliban" but it seems eerily appropriate.

Californistan's ruling Caliban regime, with Supreme Leader Mullah Gray Davis and henchman Osama bin Lockyer.

Use it, spread it - maybe it will wake up some other complacent Californistanians.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
hehehe

"caliban"

I like that.  Mind if I use that some time?

[:)]
View Quote

Caliban is in the public domain.  I picked it up from another ar15.com-er, and have been spreading it everywhere I go.

Even my mom likes it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if you eliminated all of the "assault weapon" features, it would still not be legal in California.

It has an AK receiver.

Thats why you can't buy a Saiga in California anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even if you eliminated all of the "assault weapon" features, it would still not be legal in California.

It has an AK receiver.

Thats why you can't buy a Saiga in California anymore.
View Quote

The Caliban SC concluded that "series" was too vague, meaning all receivers not on the list are technically importable.

Now comes reality.  The Caliban DOJ, by preventing the importation of these legal guns, is infringing on our rights.  If they can prevent the sale of these legal to own rifles, then they can ban any gun they want, including bolt action single shot rifles.

This is a real crime.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
as  a side note to the "caliban " thing i recently had a letter that i sent to a person in kalifornia for payment for an e-bay auction ..and as is my habit  i addressed it to the mans name ..street address and city ..in "the peoples republic of communist california" i have done this several times..my post mistress gets a laugh at it.. but it was returned from the post office in california as undeliverable.... yea right
jkohn in houston
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Regardless of CA laws, can an ak47 meet the weight requirements of a pistol? I don't know as I'm not familar with AK type firearms. If not, then it would have to be a SBR.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Regardless of CA laws, can an ak47 meet the weight requirements of a pistol? I don't know as I'm not familar with AK type firearms. If not, then it would have to be a SBR.
View Quote
since the mag is welded in the weight doesnt matter unless its welded therfore excempt i dont think a ak could make it under the weight limnit those recivers are awfully heavy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top