Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 1:49:45 PM EDT
I have been hearing alot of talk about this if it comes up for renewal and isn't renewed will citizens in states like CA be allowed to own these guns again?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  California Laws are stricter and separate from Federal laws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If anything it will continue to get worse in Cali. We already have one less option on what is considered an assult weapon (mag fed
+1) not 2 like the rest of the country it really pisses me off. I served to defend my country, but now I have many restriction on defending my home ?
[marines]

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Not true, netrig - federal law is semi-auto with detachable mag and ONE feature.  Two features would make it illegal.

Where Cali's worse is with flash suppressors and pistol grips - not allowed period, except on registered AW's, and no more AW's are allowed to be registered.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Death of the federal AW ban would have one small benefit to owners of registered Caliban AWs:

We would be able to legally configure our rifles that are currently federal post-ban with features presently known as federal pre-ban.

Under Caliban law an AW is an AW regardless of how many features it has - There is no pre- vs. post-ban.  If you put a stock USGI upper on a registered post-ban lower you have violated federal but not state law.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup!  Yup!  Yup!  More evil features on the registered AW's.  Good!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
They go to the state or outa-state as I understand it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.havenofrags.de/skammy/donkey4.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top