Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 5:04:01 PM EDT
Attended a gun show in San Antonio today and found AR15/M16 30 round mags for $10.00 each or 2 for $15.00.  They had 5 30 round military magazines and 4 unbranded magazines.  I got to looking at the GI mags and found 2 with green followers and then also noticed a four digit code and 12/98 stamped on one side of the magazine body.  I looked at all again and picked out the 3 GI's without the code and date and made a deal for $22.00 for all 3 (not bad).  Before walking away I made a comment to the seller that I thought he'd better be aware that the two magazines I left on his table could cause him grief if a law enforcement type saw them and they weren't marked for LEO only.  At least he was smart enough to take'em off the table, I cruised back about an hour later and noticed they were still where he'd put them when he removed them.  I hope he decides to mark them for LEO use before he has big problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
He could sell them to LEOs or other FFLs. Some Post-Ban Mags. have exceptions allowing them not to bear the LEO Restricted Markings. These may be some of them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top