Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2009 6:19:28 PM EDT
I have Redi-Mags on both of my M4gerys and would really like to put them on my AR pistol builds but I have a question. I know that the Redi-Mag has the cut-out for viewing of the serial number but do I need to modify them to allow the "PISTOL" marking be visible also or can the serial number provide them this information?
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt it, My lower doesn't even say pistol on it but it is registered as a pistol on the 4473, which is all that counts since Mega doesn't manufacture full firearms. I guess it would just be a personal preference/ CYA.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
good to know. I didn't think about pistol lowers that don't have it marked on them. oh well. If anyone else has any info or experiences feel free to chime in. -JBP

ETA: I have read all over until I feel as if my eyes are about to bleed and cannot find the answer to my question. Is there a limit on how long overall a AR pistol can be from end of buffer tube to tip of barrel? I only ask because I see all these AR pistols with very short buffer tubes and haven't seen many with the carbine length buffer tubes like the kit Spikes Tactical sells. Am I ok having that buffer tube and a 10.5" upper or do I need to change it? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
A pistol cannot have a STOCK on it.  There is no limit to barrel length or mag capacity.
oh yeah, IANAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top