Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 11:32:16 AM EDT
Well folks, another year has past and a new year of restriction awaits us here in the land of the Caliban Regime.

If you're interested, you can download "The California Firearms Laws 2002 Publication" in Adobe Acrobat format from the Calif DOJ...

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/cfl.pdf

And if you still need a copy of "The 2000 Assault Weapons Identification Guide"....

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

One day, I will move to Vegas, until then...Vote Republican!

Happy New Year All.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well folks, another year has past and a new year of restriction awaits us here in the land of the Caliban Regime.

If you're interested, you can download "The California Firearms Laws 2002 Publication" in Adobe Acrobat format from the Calif DOJ...

[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/cfl.pdf[/url]

And if you still need a copy of "The 2000 Assault Weapons Identification Guide"....

[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf[/url]

Happy New Year All.
View Quote

Chaingun - Your one shop url expert!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Man oh man... now cops have an exemption.... they can... if the department says ok buy Ar's,  as long as they register them in 90 days or less....

Gees what a crock a shit
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Come on over to Vegas... I'm in need of a few more gun-nut friends![heavy]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to move to Vegas.... Get myself a job as a lighting maintence tech...

cept, I been to Vegas, don't look now, but thats the desert! It's godamn HOT! in the summer...

Tahoe, though, is lookin swweeeeeet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Gunbert...If only I could find a job in Vegas. Don't think I'm not trying. :)
I'm still in awed about going into a Longs Drugs store once in Reno and in the Camera department, they have a showcase devoted to handguns. YEA!!!!

I love desert heat, after a few years on the east coast and the humid summers, NO Thanks.

We need to vote out the Caliban regime here and get in step with the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Man oh man... now cops have an exemption.... they can... if the department says ok buy Ar's,  as long as they register them in 90 days or less....

Gees what a crock a shit
View Quote

Maybe we should purchase some land, Inc. a town, and we're all sheriffs. [:D]

Don't forget about the 0.25% tax ($1.2 BILLION) increase to pay off Davis' gas deal gone bad.  NOW, we have a 1/3 surplus of gas/oil which is being sold on the spot market at a big loss.  Let's not forget Davis received $50,000 from oil companies towards his re-election campaign.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe we should purchase some land, Inc. a town, and we're all sheriffs. [:D]
View Quote

I have dibs on the first week as Village Idiot.
[8P]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#9]
You only want the first week?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody know what type of LEO's qualify for this exemption? State ,Fed ,Local?

So if you are a LEO and have been breaking the law since 89 by not registering you can now register them?

Seem real unfair to the general public.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anybody know what type of LEO's qualify for this exemption? State ,Fed ,Local?

So if you are a LEO and have been breaking the law since 89 by not registering you can now register them?

Seem real unfair to the general public.
View Quote

Any LEO qualifies for the exemption. So many LEO/DAs were complaining that the law was confusing and they weren't sure whether they had to register privately owned AWs or not (once they figured out if what they had was an AW). So the same guy who wrote the recent AW law wrote another one giving LEO an additional 90 days to register without suffering criminal charges or loss of job and firearm. Regular [b]CITIZENS[/b] of the United States need not apply, You can still go to jail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Here it is:

(2) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not prohibit the delivery, transfer, or sale of an assault weapon to, or the possession of an assault weapon by, a sworn peace officer member of an agency specified in subdivision (f), provided that the peace officer is authorized by his or her employer to possess or receive the assault weapon. Required authorization is defined as verifiable written certification from the head of the agency, identifying the recipient or possessor of the assault weapon as a peace officer and authorizing him or her to receive or possess the specific assault weapon. For this exemption to apply, in the case of a peace officer who possesses or receives the assault weapon prior to January 1, 2002, the officer shall register the assault weapon pursuant to Section 12285 on or before April 1, 2002; in the case of a peace officer who possesses or receives the assault weapon on or after January 1, 2002, the officer shall register the assault weapon pursuant to Section 12285 not later than 90 days after possession or receipt. The peace officer must include with the registration, a copy of the authorization required pursuant to this paragraph.
(3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit or prohibit the delivery, transfer, or sale of an assault weapon to, or the possession of an assault weapon by, a member of a federal law enforcement agency provided that person is authorized by the employing agency to possess the assault weapon.
(h) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not prohibit the sale or transfer of assault weapons by an entity specified in subdivision (f) to a person, upon retirement, who retired as a sworn officer from that entity.
(i) Subdivision (b) shall not apply to the possession of an assault weapon by a retired peace officer who received that assault weapon pursuant to subdivision (h).
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's subdivision (a) & (b):

12280. (a)(1) Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.
(2) In addition and consecutive to the punishment imposed under paragraph (1), any person who transfers, lends, sells, or gives any assault weapon to a minor in violation of paragraph (1) shall receive an enhancement of one year.
(b) Except as provided in Section 12288, and in subdivisions (c) and (d), any person who, within this state, possesses any assault weapon, except as provided in this chapter, is guilty of a public offense and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, or in a county jail, not exceeding one year. However, if the person presents proof that he or she lawfully possessed the assault weapon prior to June 1, 1989, or prior to the date it was specified as an assault weapon, and has since either registered the firearm and any other lawfully obtained firearm specified by Section 12276 or 12276.5 pursuant to Section 12285 or relinquished them pursuant to Section 12288, a first-time violation of this subdivision shall be an infraction punishable by a fine of up to five hundred dollars ($500), but not less than three hundred fifty dollars ($350), if the person has otherwise possessed the firearm in compliance with subdivision (c) of Section 12285. In these cases, the firearm shall be returned unless the court finds in the interest of public safety, after notice and hearing, that the assault weapon should be destroyed pursuant to Section 12028.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
has anyone heard about the DROS fees going up to $30 ?
friends of ours that run a gun shop say it is, but i havent heard it anywhere else (but then i havent asked at any other gun shop)

the law that allows LEOs to register there AWs late is A GOOD THING, it shows just how messed up that law is, and having a law like this should help us in the courts to get this thing over turned.

i heard last night that our idiot governor wanted to cut state emergency room costs by $25 million. but then back peddled and didnt do it. maybe cuz he would of pissed off the entire AMA and the large medical community? and the poor people who use emergency services the most, which are the same people who put him in power?
DAVIS IS FREAKING MORON, lets hope the medical community wont forget this and lets hope people are PISSED OFF about the tax hike. even the liberals dont like this guy.

the only reason why he signed the handgun licensing bill was to get more liberals on his side, notice how it goes into affect in 2003. this sumbitch is a damn snake that needs his head chopped off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
one more thing about the caliban FOID card of 2003, whether or not most know it but all the recent gun laws are being challenged in court by lawyers hired by the NRA/CRPA, and this FOID SHIT will get end up in court as soon as it becomes law.
i know most of us have the BFSC safety card thing, DO NOT GET RID OF IT IN 2003 or EVER.
if this 2003 FOID SHIT ever gets put on hold or overturned they will probably go back to the BFSC system.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here it is:

(2) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not prohibit the delivery, transfer, or sale of an assault weapon to, or the possession of an assault weapon by, a sworn peace officer member of an agency specified in subdivision (f), provided that the peace officer is authorized by his or her employer to possess or receive the assault weapon. Required authorization is defined as verifiable written certification from the head of the agency, identifying the recipient or possessor of the assault weapon as a peace officer and authorizing him or her to receive or possess the specific assault weapon. For this exemption to apply, in the case of a peace officer who possesses or receives the assault weapon prior to January 1, 2002, the officer shall register the assault weapon pursuant to Section 12285 on or before April 1, 2002; in the case of a peace officer who possesses or receives the assault weapon on or after January 1, 2002, the officer shall register the assault weapon...
View Quote

View Quote

I take this to mean that an LEO anywhere in Californistan can, with permission from his or her superiors, legally buy and register a brand-new "AW" as a PERSONAL WEAPON, and once it's registered he or she can keep it even after leaving the PD???

This procedure is a completely different code section than the one that provides for PDs to obtain machineguns and such.

George Orwell was right.  Some pigs ARE more equal than others (and in case anyone hasn't read Animal Farm I don't mean "pigs" in the anti-LEO sense).
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#17]
And speaking of DROS fees and taxes going up in the PRK, Perata (the one who brought us SB23) wants to introduce a Constitutional amendment to raise the sales tax another 1%, and the police depts. want to get an initiative on the ballot to raise the sales taxes another 1/4% (we just had an automatic 1/4% increase on 1/1/02).  And the monies from these increases would be used to fight terrorism in the PRK.  Ha, disarm us-the gov't will protect us!  Another legislator wants to roll back the vehicle liscense fee break we got a few years ago in an effort to raise another 4 billion in taxes!  The sad part is given the all the liberals in the state who love to tax and spend to support all the public welfare programs, these initiatives will probably sail right through.  I'm 'outta here in 3 years and it couldn't come soon enough!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]
i found out about the DROS fees

[b]in 2002 the DROS fees goes up to $20, an extra $5 [/b]

so transfers will go from $25 to $30
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Gad things are really f***ed up out there.  I travel out to Morgan Hill to my company's West Coast office and had even been asked once if I would transfer for a while.  As screwed up as things are here in New York (Long Island), I would not move to CA for anything.  The scenery is nice and the weather is great but I always feel like I am in a foreign country when I step off the plane in Oakland.  It least the state serves as a testbed of idiotic ideas so the rest of us do not have to experience them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top