Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 2:30:16 PM EDT
How come i cant have a pistol grip and buttstock and a 9 shot tube on a post ban benelli?  I mean, 9 rounds is NOT high capacity (i dont think).  Even if it was, i can have 2 "evil" features right?  I realize a shotgun is not an assualt rifle, but whats the deal?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i can have 2 "evil" features right?
View Quote

No!
Having 2 evil features makes it an assault weapon.

A semiautomatic shotgun can have only one of:
1.Folding or telescoping stock
2.A pistol grip
3.A fixed magazine in exess of 5 rounds
4.An ability to accept a detachable magazine
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummm....wait.   I can have 2 evil features on my AR15 legally.  Look at ar15's.  ALL of them have a pistol grip and a detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
For a semiautomatic rifle (AR-15's) the detachable magazine isn't concidered an evil feature. Its a qualifier.
A Post Ban rifle can only have one evil feature.
A semiautomatic rifle that has the ability to accept detachable magazines and has at least 2 of the following:
1.Folding or telescoping stock
2.Pistol grip
3.Bayonet mount
4.Flash suppressor or a threaded barrel designed to accept a FS.
5.Grenade launcher

If you had permanently attached the magazine to the the AR-15 you could add anything you wish because it could not be an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
A detachable magazine isn't counted as an evil feature on a 921(a)(30) rifle-type semiautomatic assault weapon and a Colt AR-15 is an assault weapon regardless of configuration or evil features.

Further, if the Benelli shotgun in question didn't have sufficient evil features installed prior to 9/13/1994, then adding them now would violate 922(v)(1), manufacturing an illegal semiautomatic assault weapon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Good enough.  Thanks for the information.  I found very useful.  Think i will go with a post ban benelli.

thanks again...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top