Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 3:37:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an interesting thought.  I guess that would also be up for interpretation.  My guess is that it could be argued that way.  After all it is an arbitrary tax amount not dependant on the value of the item purchased.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You're mixing issues.  And even assuming Emmerson goes to the SCOTUS and is decided to be an individual right, it won't change anything.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
IF I ever end up in court over the AW ban, and a jack-booted thug, excuse me, ATF officer gets up on the stand, I will have my lawyer stand up and  ask the officer what the tax is on the items in question purportedly found in this defendent's possession.  All the stuff from the Clinonista's '94 AW ban has no tax provisions.  So, I will have my lawyer then turn to the judge and inform him the ATF'er should be dismissed, as nothing there is in his jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am curios about this topic. If the second ammendment is finally decided by the SCOTUS to trully be an individual right. Wouldn't the $200 tax stamp be the same thing as a Poll tax, or am I mixing up the issues?
View Quote

Seems logical to me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am curios about this topic. If the second ammendment is finally decided by the SCOTUS to trully be an individual right. Wouldn't the $200 tax stamp be the same thing as a Poll tax, or am I mixing up the issues?
View Quote

Seems logical to me.
View Quote

Logical?  What the F$#K does LOGIC have to do with this?  This is our justice system were talking about here! err. hmm. uh.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey G.W., so you want to give me a tax break?  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Troy, it was just at thought... anyway, with any luck, in three years this nightmare will be over, and the AW ban will sunset.  I am sure there will be a fight in the Congress on this.  But, we need to start now lobbying against any move to extend the ban.  We need to carefully watch that it is not slipped in without notice into some other bill.  And we need to vote against any anti-gun politicians.

When we buy anything from participating dealers, we need to do the NRA Roundup.

And I always answer charities, sorry, I donate my spare cash to the NRA and CCRKB.

We can win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top