Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 6:40:19 PM EDT
I bought last year a Colt SPII model R6500 #ser: SP343*** made in 1984.  The rifle came with all it's original parts and box (green label).  The idiot that had the rifle, pierced a hole in the carry handle to put a scopemount.    After 6 months, I decided to buy a stripped flat top reciever from Bushmaster to replace the damaged A2 upper and assembled it with the Colt original Barrel assembly. You are gonna ask me "why a flat top" --> to finally use my Elcan scope!

My question is: since only the stripped upper reciever have been changed (I kept the original barrel and parts) is it still a PREBAN rifle ??  I need to know this cause I plan to go target shooting in Vermont (I'm Canadian) !!

Thanks in advance.....[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks DarkHelmet that helps a lot...

By the way.   Yes, the gun was complete when I got it with all the original "evil" features just like it was when it came out of the factory in 1984.

The rifle was 85% overall..but for 635$US it was a steal !!

I had to refinish the lower cause the idiot who had it had his name engraved on it[spank].  Everything is OK now....

I'll try to post pics of it when I have some !!

Once again, thanks !!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top