Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 2:19:14 AM EDT
  I've been told by a trusted source that:
Colt produced post-ban Blue Label configured rifles with no LEO/Export markings as required.
Assuming this is true, an R6700 Sporter rifle has a thread on flash suppressor and blue label box and was manufactured in 1995.  The weapon has no LEO/Export markings on it.
Here are my Questions:
1. Did Colt produce an illegal weapon or were markings not required until a later date?

2. Does Colt make LEO rifles just by stamping the receiver or are restricted rifles documented by serial number?

3. Would the above weapon be legal for a civilian to own providing the flash suppressor be permanently attatched?

I understand that this is "THE" place to go for accurate legal information and discussion for the above topic.  Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Not required until June of 95.

2. Now they do both.

3. No, still would have a flash hider, a flash hider and a pistol grip are a no no.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top