Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 8:02:15 AM EDT
On the Pre Ban Law,
Why or What was the reason on the ban SAW
with a colaspable stock, or bayonet lug ?
I just read the law on this for the first time,
(the reason for this is, I hav'nt owned a weapon
for 15 years) I thought the law was passed to
stop crimes with large cap type mags? I don't
understand this. please respond people and help
me understand the reason for this !
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The INTENT of the law was to ban all our evil black guns.

That'd be illegal, though - as it would amount to a 'bill of attainder' to just name the naughty guns and ban them without compensating the owners.

So... to try and get our evil black guns, the politicians made up a list of cosmetic features that make a gun naughty - hence the 'features' list in the law.  Manufacturers simply stopped making new rifles for sale with the naughty features, so the law is worthless, except driving up the prices of the grandfathered firearms.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason is that scientific studies have proven that viewing bayonet lugs stimulates the primitive regions of the brain that cause normally peaceful folks to go on killing sprees.

Can I be in Congress now?
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
No, wait!

They had to ban all those military type features to slowly get us used to the new historical fact that the Second Amendment was only intended by the Founding Fathers to guarantee the right of the various state governments to go duck hunting.

How about now??
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Divide and conquer strategy.

Worked for the antis so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top