Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 3:14:05 PM EDT
I've ran into a interesting situation.  I've sold guns out of state via FFL, and I've done in state private sales, but I ran into a new one.

A fella a couple states over (for arguments sake let's say NE) contacted me about a handgun I have for sale.

He's passing through my state soon, and wants to know if I can do a private sale to him while he is in my state.

I'm new to my state of MO, and in my limited knowledge you have to have a handgun license to purchase IF you are a resident.  When I lived in KS, I bought a handgun in MO from an FFL without the license, so I realize that is okay.

So can I private sell to him without an FFL middleman?  My instinct says no, but I wanted some advice.

Thanks.
Chris
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Try these sites. I ran into them while studying up on the laws myself.

[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm[/url]

I am not sure about your state laws.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Chuck, that's about what I thought.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless you did it by showing LE ID then buying a handgun out of your state of residence from a dealer not in your state of residence. The selling dealer should have known that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top