Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 5/15/2008 7:51:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Internets are serious business.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If I were your lawyer I'd recommend you have this thread deleted.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn!!  

Guess you never know who is watching you post.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]

@ AAC

...and too

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Recommendations?

www.silencerresearch.com/ian187.pdf

Keep your mouth shut from now on?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]

e. An injunction requiring Defendant to delete from AR15.com the defamatory statements identified in paragraphs 10 and 11

Just give tbk1 an IM
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Wow, this goes back to 2003 (11. D). I didn't know the SCAR was around then.

They should let someone proofread their pleadings before filing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
In all seriousness, what chance does this have of going anywhere?

Also, ian187s posts (I remember the threads in question) had no effect on my feelings about AAC, however this lawsuit sure does.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I know that damages won't be rewarded, I meant, well nevermind...
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess my next suppressor WON'T be an AAC. Not because of what IAN said, but because of AAC's reaction.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I guess my next suppressor WON'T be an AAC. Not because of what IAN said, but because of AAC's reaction.

Hah  thats the EXACT same response I had.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If what they're saying is true (That he's lying to hurt their business) I can't say I blame them.  The idea being that the judgement could forcibly shut his trap.

If he's not lying or it's not hurting their business, it's a pointless suit.

Either way, I think both sides are going to lose some respect, and I think ian is one of the most obnoxious posters on ARFCOM.  Not for his opinions but how he expresses them -- he sounds like a 13 year old having a tantrum whenever the topic of AAC comes up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Freedom of speech. Ever heard of it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Freedom of speech. Ever heard of it?

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to lies.  If IAN can document everything he said, then AAC is in trouble.  If he can't, then IAN is in trouble.  Either way, he needs a lawyer up and shut up ASAP.

FWIW, I'm now less likely to purchase an AAC product.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get all technical with me wehen I'm wrong
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I particularly like
"d. An injunction barring Defendant from erasing, destroying or otherwise rendering inaccessible any electronic messages, postings or records of messages and postings relating in any to Plantiff;
e. An injunction requiring Defandant to delete from THE INTARWEBS the defamatory statments identified in Paragraphs 10 and 11;"

Well, I guess AAC isn't a company to do business with.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Recommendations?

Why don't you send a link to your attorney, and see what advice he may have?I suspect he will reccommend that you not run up the "look at me, look at me !" flag.Although that ship has already sailed.

If I was being sued by anyone for any reason, I wouldn't attract attention to it on an internet forum. Particularly not the one that caused the uproar to begin with.

Public axe grinding is not always a good idea, whether you are right or wrong.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#26]
This frivolous lawsuit has definitely made me want an OPS INC or Surefire can, no matter how cool AAC's tshirts and logos are...

if AAC really were the sole provider of cans to FN, who the fuck cares what "ian187" internet superstar esquire has to say about the products? the products and company will speak for themselves...

HOWEVER, if my company lost a large contract that could secure us financially for years to come and our participation alone in the competition was enough to drive civilian sales up (clever marketing), I would want to keep the "cat in the bag" for as long as possible too...

how often do people buy products simply because they have an NSN? or the description says "just like the ones used in iraq"...

kinda makes you wonder...

of course now that i said this, i am a marked man
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get all technical with me wehen I'm wrong

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Good luck.

It's good to see that mfgs. are actually watching what we post, maybe they will be using it for market research.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#30]
If we ever get the ability to purchase a can in this state I'll make sure not to purchase an AAC.  How retarded.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm not an attorney (yet) but I always thought the plaintiff had to be able to prove that either (a) the defendant knew his assertions were false when he made them or (b) the assertions were made in violation of a nondisclosure contract. It seems to me that absent one of both of those AAC can't recover damages in this case.

I was already leaning towards SF, YHM, or Ops Inc. so this just convinces me all the more to head in one of those directions
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#34]
All my thoughts of AAC being a good company just went down the shitter. I mean what kinda company can't shut the fuck up and take rumors like every other business. Then tries to sue a person for whats proably more then then 2-3 years income. Thats a little below the belt if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Works for me.  Reminds me of Draconian laws that exist here in old Mexico and Brazil by which a shoddy "professional" (doctor., lawyer, etc.) can have someone CRIMINALLY prosecuted for stating that their services are not up to par. What a joke.

Long live the Republic with her constitution!

ETA:

Down with frivilous lawsuits and gross abuse of the US legal system!  Feel for you Ian.  In a few months I will share my personal experience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#36]
 (both sides)  IMO.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#37]
AAC, you will never see a penny of my money because you're such crybabies that you'd sue someone for speaking his mind.

Go to hell.  I'll buy anything BUT AAC.  FOREVER.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I was gonna make a joke about paying for my can in dolla billz, but I don't wanna get sued!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm gonna point one thing out. IF this is legit, why is AAC hiring a retarded law student to do the paperwork?

I know judges here that have taken better, and laughed at it and wouldn't hear the case.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I know a few of em, douch bags
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Recommendations?

Why don't you send a link to your attorney, and see what advice he may have?I suspect he will reccommend that you not run up the "look at me, look at me !" flag.Although that ship has already sailed.

If I was being sued by anyone for any reason, I wouldn't attract attention to it on an internet forum. Particularly not the one that caused the uproar to begin with.

Public axe grinding is not always a good idea, whether you are right or wrong.

Public aacks grinding is exactly what they excel at.

They publicly attacked Mark Fingar at his workplace when they sent threatening letters to him and cc'd as many of his fellow co-workers as they could possibly dig names up for, and it was a bunch.  I know for a fact that mfingar spent hours in meeting-after-meeting trying to unf*ck what they did to him at work.  We ultimately hired him away as they left him as "damaged goods' there, and we all know what that means.

Mark has his eye on the clock, and continues to speak to attorneys in regards to the matter.

I read over the stuff, and it ain't about nuttin'.  To me it reads that in Ian's 2+2 opinion, and mostly because DRMO was dumping cans with their name on them, then their favorite customer must have surely sh*tcanned them (no pun).  I got it then, and I get it now, and I had heard the same rumors.

Maybe, just maybe, their favorite customer got sick and tired of them flapping their lips all over the internet, and maybe, just maybe, they got tired of the silly-aac'd explanations for why the holes kept coming in way-the-f*ck off-center.

Hmmm, come to think of it, this lawsuit itself is a bit "off-center".

And he, eh, he, Ian better hope the judge ain't a welder.

Either way, I have "publicly" stated it before, and I will say it again, after what they did to Mark Fingar, I brought my lunch and I got anybody's back that AAC attacks.

You quote that like I am defending AAC. That is not the case, and you won't need your lunch. It is admirable that you would vehemently defend a friend and employee.

The observation that I am making is that drawing unneccessary attention to himself and all the folks jumping on board with "I'll never buy AAC NOW!" is only serving to strengthen their case and demonstrate the ability of an internet post to affect their business. You can be absolutely certain that AAC and their attorney are sucking this shit up. After fifteen pages of "me too, me too" any attorney will be able to demonstrate the effect of the internet community and thusly damage. How many darlings of Arfcom have been felled over the years after the tide turns against them? Were any of them actually driven out of business? I don't know, but I don't think it would be difficult to demonstrate that their business has been damaged.

The whole thing appears frivolous and malicious on both sides, I don't have a dog in the fight and don't really care, but you know this is the internet,"land of unsolicited(or in this case solicited) opinion".

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#42]
well i just crossed AAC off of my list of what companies to get a can from.

plus gem tech cans always worked better.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#43]
They are demanding a jury trial.

Good luck AAC, your going to need it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Please note the suit was filed in Eugene Oregon.  The Peoples Repubilck of Eugene rivals Berkeley as the veggie-nazi libretard capital of the world.  

Hopefully council for the defense can weed out the liberal morons at jury selection.

ZM

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please note the suit was filed in Eugene Oregon.  The Peoples Repubilck of Eugene rivals Berkeley as the veggie-nazi libretard capital of the world.  

Hopefully council for the defense can weed out the liberal morons at jury selection.

ZM

Hey, that's my home town you're talking about there, bud!

Unfortunately you're right.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Recommendations?

I recommend you get your FN source to go public on the record RIGHT NOW in support of your claims, no sense waiting till trial to call him to the stand.

Of course, if you do not have a FN source, I suggest you apologize, cease, desist and settle, and call it a life lesson.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The observation that I am making is that drawing unneccessary attention to himself and all the folks jumping on board with "I'll never buy AAC NOW!" is only serving to strengthen their case and demonstrate the ability of an internet post to affect their business. You can be absolutely certain that AAC and their attorney are sucking this shit up. After fifteen pages of "me too, me too" any attorney will be able to demonstrate the effect of the internet community and thusly damage. How many darlings of Arfcom have been felled over the years after the tide turns against them? Were any of them actually driven out of business? I don't know, but I don't think it would be difficult to demonstrate that their business has been damaged.

Except for one problem: prior to AAC's filing this lawsuit I had never read IAN187's posts about AAC, and didn't know or care about their business dealings with FN.  My decision to pass on their products stems not from IAN187's posts, but on AAC's (over)reaction to them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Note to self never buy anything from AAC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Wow...if they're  going to get all butt-hurt over something someone said on the internet I guess I can look elsewhere for my can.

This will hurt their rep even more than if they were to let it slide.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top