Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2001 10:34:47 AM EDT
Okay, I need to get something straight here in my mind.  Last I knew, the having one (1) full auto part and an AR was a no no.  The ATF could say you had a full auto.....

Now, how is having a modified M16 hammer to make a 9mm conversion work any different?  Someone please explain this to me.....

Is it okay to have the hammer but not any of the selector parts?  What's the word on this?
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#1]
A modified M16 hammer is no longer a full auto part.  The necessary modification is the removal of the auto sear hook, which takes about 60 seconds with a bench grinder.

An AR-15 hammer is essentially nothing but a modified M16 hammer, itself - although they're probably made that way now, and not ground down from original M16 parts any more.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhhh.  (Okay, I think it might have been a stupid question, but I figured better to ask then in trouble.)
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
What are full auto parts? is there a list?
Its got to be a short one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
hammer, disconnector, trigger, selector, bolt carrier, and (in the M16, but not the AR15) auto-sear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top