Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 11:27:50 AM EDT
I have a C&R FFL. I live in NC in a county that borders both TN, & VA.  I would like to sell a rifle to someone in TN.  Can I do this legally (not according to the Constitution but the atf)?  I know that the local wally world sells guns to TN residents, but I don't have the legal dept. that ww has.  Help Please!!

[b][red][i]Liberrtas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Only a licensed dealer (C&R is a collector, not a dealer) may sell to residents of another state, and then only long guns.

Licensed dealers may only sell long guns to a resident of another state if the sale complies with the laws of both the dealer's and buyer's states, and only at the dealer's licensed premises, or at an organized gunshow in the dealer's state.

C&R FFLs are not permitted to engage in business as dealers, and are treated as unlicensed persons when selling (don't have to execute a 4473), and as unlicensed persons when buying anything other than C&R firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top