Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2001 11:22:32 AM EDT
I need to know about my preban lower.
I got the lower when I had a FFL, The lower was from Esential Arms. I got the parts for the lower from a now defunct outleter who sold ar parts as surplus at the same time I got the lower.My Triger parts do not look like the new parts or the m16 parts in any of the catologs I have. Are thay legal? Built in the early 80.
Regards:notabadshot
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Key question -
 Was the lower you have actually ASSEMBLED into a rifle before BradyII - and recorded as a complete rifle?  If that hasn't happened, then you have a POSTban lower.

For the M16 dilemma you are looking after can be solved by checking the parts you have (trigger, hammer, disconnector, etc.) against F/A or burst M16 parts and machining accordingly.  If they don't match, no problem.  If you don't have the diagrams of F/A M16 parts, hit me backchannel and let me know.  I have them somewhere...

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
[The lower was a full up build before bradey
however I do not have the bill of sale for the parts, Only my word, The hammer in question is
not like the ones in the bushmaster catolog for either description ie it only has the wide catch no hook.Safety selector has a mill flat
no step down or slots and I cant see the disconector w/out removing all the guts.
I hate to pull the parts as I have a smoth two stage pull and want to keep this for match.
Regards;notabadshot
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
FFZ, I think you mean the Crime Bill of 1994 and its assault weapons ban.  Brady II, or "Gun Violence Prevention Act of 1994", never passed, though some elements of it, like the AW ban, were incorporated in the Crime Bill of 1994.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A second look at the parts in the lower
the disconector and triger are ar parts.
and a bill of sale for the hammer and anti walk pins from bushmaster lets the hamer, now only the safety is yet to be id.
The ar was built up as a e1.I sold the top and got a new e2 20" top with cmp float tube
and bushmaster sight hood and aps mill front sight no lugs or threads to worry about now.
still got the e1 stock on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top