Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 3:56:36 PM EDT
I had to send my rifle back to Springfield Armory last month, for a defective barrel. I called them yesterday to see what the hold up was, and I was told I would be receiving an entirely new rifle. My question is, are they going to be able to ship it directly back to me, or am I going to have to find an FFL to ship it to, since it's an entirely new rifle? They didn't specify if the serial number would be different, but all of my paperwork has the old number on it. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a receiver replaced once, the manufacturer sent it straight to me. They will advise if a ffl is needed, as they will not know directly what store you would visit.

Mine was noted that manufacture's books showed disposition of said former receiver.

Mail me with your dealer info to where you work.
I looked up the shifter part, you were right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, SBR7_11, I appreciate the help. I didn't understand why they were sending me a whole new rifle, and was kind of expecting another delay, if I had to send it ot a dealer. I emailed you some info, let me know if you need anything else, Toyota related.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
off subject but what is kevhog short for?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The original manufacturer does not need to go to an FFL to return your rifle to you from being serviced - even if they replace it with an entirely new firearm of the same type.

Only the original mfg can do this, however - just like only the original mfg can replace a pre-ban lower with a new one, marked with the same serial number, and retaining the lower's pre-ban status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top