Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 11:37:12 AM EDT
I hope this posted in the legal section!
Question: I have a preban upper. I have cut off the bayo lug(one evil part gone). Next can I screw on some sort of muzzle break(not supressor) and then weld it. would this be legal? Technicaly the threads are sill there, just cant use them?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, welded is OK.  So is high-temperature solder.  I like the way ArmaLite does it - They drill a blind hole that cuts into the barrel, drive in a pin, then weld the hole closed and grind it smooth.

The brake (not "break" BTW) cannot be 22 mm in diameter like a standard military muzzle device 'cause that's a standard size for Grenade Launchers of Doom.  BATF has approved specific kinds for use on post-bans.  See your friendly parts supplier for details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top