Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2001 10:31:11 AM EDT
Has anyone ever been persucuted I mean prosecuted for having a Pre-ban upper on a Post-ban Lower?

Has there ever been a conviction for a civilian having a LEO magazine?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Once at a gun show they got a guy with a LEO Glock mag. but they just made him hand it over nothing else that I know of.

I still would not try it,if really wan tit it's not that much more money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd dare to guess that, to some extent, fed agents think the whole pre-/post-ban issue is B.S. too. From a2carb's description, they exercised discretion in lieu of ruining someone's life over what, for the overwhelming majority of us, is truly nothing more than a [}:D]fun[}:D] hobby. Not an act of terrorism.

[soapbox]
I like "cool" MC's & "cool" auto's & "cool" just about anything else (not to mention "cool" guns). Doesn't make me a pervert, or a menace to society, or a threat to the gov't. [0:)] It means I like to do more than watch TV. It means that I don't want to kept safe, coddled & (s)mothered[moon] The level of hypocrisy & denial coming from those who disagree makes me [puke]

OK. Done. I relinquish the floor.

Just for the record, NO, I don't:
* own or otherwise possesses or
* have knowledge of any other person(s) who own(s) or otherwise possess(es) any illegal magazine(s), as defined and restricted by law(s).

Three clips for the 5th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals!
[heavy]
[heavy][USA]
[heavy]
[marines]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know there has never been a prosecution by itself.  There may have been prosecutions in conjunction with other offenses like dealing drugs or something.

Bottom line is this:

If complying with the byzantine maze of BS laws regarding the assault weapons ban makes you feel good/safe, then by all means comply.

But do not make the mistake of thinking that your compliance will ever save you from prosecution if the Feds want to prosecute you.  Your compliance, or 'supposed compliance' will not mean jacksh!t to them.  After 8 hours in the ATF machine shop, your target HBAR AR15 will be a full auto and you will be looking at 10 years in the pen.

Simply put, if they want you, you are toast and nothing you do will save you from that.  If they have no mind to mess with you, then nothing you do in the way of not complying with the silly AW laws will proabably get you in trouble.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...Simply put, if they want you, you are toast and nothing you do will save you from that.  If they have no mind to mess with you, then nothing you do in the way of not complying with the silly AW laws will proabably get you in trouble.
View Quote

Well said.  The best way to stay out of trouble is to avoid illegal drugs, never threaten anyone, and don't do anything obviously stupid with a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The best way to stay out of trouble is to avoid illegal drugs, never threaten anyone, and don't do anything obviously stupid with a firearm.
View Quote

You just ruined my whole weekend.  Some people take all the fun out of life.
[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top