Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 8:14:47 AM EDT
Good day.  I have a BM upper that I am interested in selling. It has the 11.5" barrel with the  5.5" Flash Suppressor pinned on and welded to meet the 16" total barrel length requirements (barrel and flash suppressor length combined).  I will probably sell it through the Equipment Exchange here at AR15.com.  Do I have to stipulate in my "ad" that this upper is only legal for use on a Pre-Ban lower receiver or rifle?  Do I have to resrtict in my "ad" where this can be sold?  If so what states should be on this list?  Thanks in advance for ant help given.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
All you have to state is that it's a pre-ban upper.  Once you state that, the buyer is on his own.  

And there are no State restrictions on buying and selling uppers.  The upper is not the regulated part.  So yes, you can sell the upper to someone in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you![:D]

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Part II.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top