Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 6:36:50 PM EDT

Is it legal in the state of Washington to possess and carry a colapsing baton or do in need something dumb like a CCW permit? If it is legal are there any limitations on how I can carry it?

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
As I understand it, you have to complete a certified course in the use of the collapsible baton before you can carry it.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places that offer the instruction.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As I understand it, you have to complete a certified course in the use of the collapsible baton before you can carry it.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places that offer the instruction.
View Quote

Title 9.41.050 forward will give you some good insite. The old law specifically stated that a Concealed Weapons Permit holder could not carry knives, clubs (batons), rifles, etc. legally under their CWP license. Now the license is called a Concealed Pistol License and the respective, revised law mentions only pistols being carried/concealed and no other items.
That would lead me to believe you cannot carry an ASP under your CPL.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything directly pertaining to collapsible batons.
From what I've heard, jwar is correct. It requires a specific class and permit.
I do know one thing for fact: Edmonds, WA passed a city statute forbidding the sale, trade, and ownership of collapsible batons. LEO's are exempt. Just call-up Adventure Sports and ask if they stock them :) heheh
C6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top