Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 10:53:10 AM EDT
Or Dopes and guns. How many people here who may occasionally indulge in marijuana realize how serious a violation it is when you possess those precious firearms and have a quanity of pot in the same house. There must be some Libertarians out there faced with this dilemma. What are some of the state laws out there? Or does the federal law cover it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
A great new anti-drug message to teach the kiddies in public school: If You Take Drugs, You Can't Own a Gun!

DARE to say no to drugs and yes to guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny how the guys from CA are looking for something else to be illegal.....immoral.

In CA pot is damn near legal. I think it should be illegal for people that consume alchohol to posses firearms. Alchohol has a very bad effect on peoples judgment.

There is a differance between posetion of intoxicants and being under the influence. Should everyone with beer in there fridge not own guns? Should we jump to conclusions about posetion and influence. He has beer in the fridge... he must be a drunk.

My stance may make it clear that I don't like alchohol. I don't like people that have been drinking alchohol. More lives are ruined by this drug than any other in this country. Yet, because it's big money (read taxes) it's legal.

I have never seen a post sugesting that poeple that drink are irresposible and should not own guns.... seems to be a double standard.

Ranting today.............cant help it..........

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a Libertarian, and I think that the use of drugs is immoral, but should not be illegal. With severe alchoholism in my family I have learned the hard way that I should not drink, do drugs, or smoke. However that does not mean that these things should be illegal, or are even wrong, just because I don't like them.

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top