Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 1:34:31 PM EDT
There seem to be a lot of discusion concerning the TAPCO M-16 kits and the legalities asociated with owning an AR-15 and M-16 parts.   I have been thinking of purchasing a kit, I just want the upper and stock.  Some have suggested having the kit ship to work so that the kit and AR-15 are different locations. Anyone know what one would have to do to purchase these kits and own an AR-15 legally.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Dispose of or alter the full auto parts.

I'd be happy to receive your kit for you, take out the auto parts, and send it along to you.  I'd handle the second shipping charge, and just keep the auto parts as my payment, if you like.

I can also modify the parts to semi-auto spec for you, with the exception of the selector, for $30 - but I'm not set up to do a repark on the pieces after grinding off the offending bits.

Anyone interested in getting their Tapco kits in either of these ways, please contact me via email.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my kit from Century.  I just took out the offending parts (well, actually all parts besides the upper) and took them to another location until I can get rid of them from that point.

Penguin
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
All kidding aside....
the federal courts have reversed the entire armerican idea of criminal law and are saying if an auto part is in the same building as a semi-firearm then the semi-auto is an illegal auto by .....(magic?)
Just don't do it. If you do order, have the parts shipped to work or a non-owning friends house.
One call from UPS to ATF, and your life and your family's future is gone (you from AIDS in prison, your family because they have no income, no house, no savings, no college, no nothing)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, having auto parts and a semi auto host gun doesn't get you a rap for having a machinegun, but for "constructive possession" of parts to build a machinegun, and conspiracy to avoid the NFA tax thereto.

Having auto parts actually installed in the semi auto gun would get you the actual possession charge if they could coax that rifle to fire more than one round per pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I considered - for a brief moment - the prospect of getting one of those kits.  Heck, the barrel and upper is worth $270.  But then I got worried and said "screw it."  A cheap upper isn't worth going to "the clink."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top