Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 9:10:02 PM EDT
Okay..my wife's grandmother recently passes away..while going through her property a Luger was discovered.  The family knew about it, but did not know where it was and said that her grandfather had brought it back with him from the war...It is in great shape..I would say 90%+ and has an original magazine with it.  

My question is: The firearm is in Iowa...I don't think any paperwork has been done on it...is this legal...what can be done to make it legal...can it be ran through a C&R license?  Any help would be great...thanks in advance

medcop

Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would'd have said anything,[it followed me home I swear].But now that you have,you could do a transfer through a local dealer if you feel the need.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Its over 50 years old, so a C&R liscensee could recieve it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
What Chuck said. The only paperwork associated with handguns in Iowa is a permit is required to purchase or acquire one. Once you have it, no other paperwork or registration is required.
Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top