Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 1:26:01 PM EDT
[url]http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/1221/hr2127.htm[/url]

This is an interesting Bill that originated in the house in 1999. If it is real then we need to thank those who kept it from happening. Perhaps it was killed on the Calendar. I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
THIS better not happen.. I am about to buy one soon!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out: [url]http://www.50cal-policy.org/ [/url]

They just finished a fundraising raffle and gave away an Armalite AR-50. Their next raffle is for an EDM Windrunner, the entry form should appear on their web site sooner or later. Keep checking back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
This bill was dated 2 years ago so it may or may not still be out there. But, there are several ways to kill a bill:

A) It Doesn't Gain The Necessary Sponsorship/Co-Sponsorship.
B) The Majority Whip/Speaker Of The House Can Prevent It From Ever Coming To A Vote By Not Putting It On The Calendar.
C) It Can Be Killed In Committee
D) It an be killed at a vote of the Full House
E) It can be Reworded By the Senate and Subsequently differences not worked out in committee
F) It Can Be Killed At A Full Vote Of The Senate
G) It Can Be Vetoed By The President

And Finally If All Else Fails

H) It Can Be Killed In The Courts

BTW, I wouldn't put anything past the likes of Schumer, Feinstein, Boxer, et al. These are the same group who voted against a bill that would increase enforcement of current gun laws because it would have made future gun laws harder to get passed. Metzenbaum D-Ohio is even quoted as saying he doesn't care about Crime he just wants our guns.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Ah yes the good old .50bmg sniper rifle.

[50]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Media didn't help when the other day they aired a special about Special Forces and showed some SF guys using the .50BMG as a close-range sharpshooter to take out some BG at what couldn't be over 100 Yards in an urban area. I guess they need the extra penetration. but the media said it would have blown half the BGs head off if the the situation were real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top