Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2007 6:40:49 AM EDT
Does anyone know the Executive Order number?
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hildobama! NOoooooooooooooo!
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are talking about the 1994 AWB... then there AIN'T no da-da-damn EO#.  

Your Reps and Senators had their fucking fingers in it, also.

Had to come back and ask... yuz wuz outta skool on EO, Bill introduction and Signing into Law Day.  Wazntcha?
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure what number she is going to be giving to her executive order (AWB II the revenge) in 08.  We will have to wait and see.  Molon Labe
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:

Are you referring to the executive order dreamed up by so-called "conservative" Drug Czar Bill Bennett during Bush #1, to ban import of so-called "assault weapons" in the late 1980's?
That was put into effect by Executive Order of George Bush #1.
I remember I bought my milled receiver PolyTech Legend AK47S just before they cut off allowing import of them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
I would tell you, but, EO#12356, U.S. Title Code 18, and the National Security Act, prevent me from disclosing any information.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what number she is going to be giving to her executive order (AWB II the revenge) in 08.  We will have to wait and see.  Molon Labe

And just how will she be able to issues EOs in 08?
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'08 election + 2.5 months
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In your dreams!!  She is the most divisive candidate the Dems have come up with so far.  Love her or hate her (I'm the latter), she ain't got the 'group hug' thing going her way.  I personally don't think she has a chance in hell of getting elected.  Nominated maybe but elected, well that is a whole different thing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

huh? there isn't one
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In your dreams!!  She is the most divisive candidate the Dems have come up with so far.  Love her or hate her (I'm the latter), she ain't got the 'group hug' thing going her way.  I personally don't think she has a chance in hell of getting elected.  Nominated maybe but elected, well that is a whole different thing.

Agreed.  Say what you want about Bill, but he was personable, friendly and likable, Hillary isn't any of those things, not in any way.  Even people in her own party don't like her.  Her single, sole qualification as the Democrat candidate is that she's Bill's wife.  She's got NOTHING else and everyone knows it.  The Dems supporting her are doing it for no other reason than to get Bill back in the White House any way possible.  Some in the local Dem party have said so off the record.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which, would in fact, be in 2009.
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  Say what you want about Bill, but he was personable, friendly and likable, Hillary isn't any of those things, not in any way.  Even people in her own party don't like her.  Her single, sole qualification as the Democrat candidate is that she's Bill's wife.  She's got NOTHING else and everyone knows it.  The Dems supporting her are doing it for no other reason than to get Bill back in the White House any way possible.  Some in the local Dem party have said so off the record.

I agree, but is there any candidate (right now) who is running (with a chance of getting the nomination) who isn't for an AWB? If someone pops up (like Bill Frist) the GOP would win, easily against her. Right now I'm buying mags, ARs, more mags, ammo, plus anything else that could be banned, and donating to the NRA as much as possible, as 08 isn't looking pretty for gun owners.

Link Posted: 4/1/2007 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certainly hope you're right. That election campaign team of Bill's was pretty kick ass though and they'll be teaming up again for Hillary with Terry McAuliffe running the show. He was pretty good about rallying the Dems and was able to surpass the Repubs in amount of caimpaign funds raised during his tenure. The problem for the Dems is that Clinton appeals to women voters and Obama appeals to minority voters so there is the drift. My real worry is that Obama and Clinton will team together then that will create a pretty formidable team. That is my nightmare!
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which, would in fact, be in 2009.

You are correct sir.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 3:54:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Maybe I'm dreaming but I tend to agree with you. I think she's one of the only candidates the dems could put up in '08 that wouldn't win. Too many people can already see right through her BS and I think only hard core dems will vote for her.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No, but it will probably start with "666"
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I think RRA0211 is referring to the EO that bans the importation of certain non-sporting firearms. GWH Bush signed the first one banning the importation of specific models and BJ Clinton signed another one directing the BATF to establish criteria to determing "non-sporting" characteristics of imported rifles.

The Clinton EO is the reason why we can't get Norinco clones of SKS, AR, AK, and M1A rifles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Bush Sr. EO ban since made law during clintons administration.  GWB43 cannnot just wave a pen and make it go away, he wouldn't even if he could.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top