User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 1:14:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Always remember the following: "He who worries before it is necessary, worries more than is necessary."  I say this, because you really need to be careful who you tell about your ammo (and etc.), especially when dealing with civil servants whose job is to protect the masses, but who too often overreact in the name of public safety.

A few years back, while living in an appartment in a large city, I purchased some re-loading supplies.  The outside of the box had "Caution: Bullet Components" written on it. When the package arrived, I wasn't home and the Apt. Mgt. office signed for it.  When they saw the "Caution" statement, they promply reported me.  I then had to explain to LE that no reloading was done on site (it was done 100+ miles away in a rural area).  Although, I was not arrested, I was certainly intimidated, and it was an experience I would not want to go through again.

Just as I couldn't have known the reaction to the "Caution" statement, you could not have know the reaction of the Chief.  

The moral of the story--be discrete, or be sorry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks Troy, that was very interesting. I was always worried about that, but now I am relieved. I remember when I was about seven years old, I threw a couple of live rounds in the fireplace. I didn't know if it was dangerous, I just wanted to hear them go pop. They all popped and no one was hurt, my folks thought that I put firecrackers in the fire. I was too scared to tell them what had really poppped!
View Quote

Now try it with a .50 cal bullet! =o )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top