Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 2:51:53 PM EDT
I am wishing to make my first AR purchase.  I live in Iowa where select fire is illegal.  Nebraska is 10 minutes away.

Can I legally purchase this select fire AR and store/fire it in Nebraska?

Can I get away with storing the lower reciever in a bank safe deposit box?

Where would I even have this rifle sent to after the company recieved its money.

My local law enforcement office has done nothing but pass the ball on this.  I am beginning to think they don't know themselves.

Please heeeelp!  Thank you to all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Open up a phone book and give a local gunshop a call.  The best bet is to call one that advertises as a stocking Bushmaster, Armalite or Colt dealer, they would know the laws.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I too am in Iowa. I'm not a lawyer, but the way I understand it you have to reside in the state to own a class III weapon. Do a search for David Hineline and e-mail him with the question. He is a class III dealer in Nebraska.
His AR15.com name is David_Hineline and his e-mail is [email][email protected][/email]
Steve
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
 Thanks for all the info.  There are NO such gun shops in this area.  Actually there is almost NOTHING is this area.
 Woodbuy county in Sioux City, IA had the highest rate of teen pregnancies a few years ago.     How's that for having nothing else better to do than have sex!
 Being the poor, barefoot plowboy I am maybe a semi auto would be a better choice.  (Obviously my screen name says it all.)  I assume that this would require fewer licenses for me to purchase.
 Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a link to your states gun laws. [url]www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=Detail&R=IA[/url]    mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top