Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2007 11:42:35 AM EDT
As they prepare to take control of Congress this week and face up to campaign pledges to restore bipartisanship and openness, Democrats are planning to largely sideline Republicans from the first burst of lawmaking.

House Democrats intend to pass a raft of popular measures as part of their well-publicized plan for the first 100 hours. They include tightening ethics rules for lawmakers, raising the minimum wage, allowing more research on stem cells and cutting interest rates on student loans.

But instead of allowing Republicans to fully participate in deliberations, as promised after the Democratic victory in the Nov. 7 midterm elections, Democrats now say they will use House rules to prevent the opposition from offering alternative measures, assuring speedy passage of the bills and allowing their party to trumpet early victories.

Drudgereport

Whole article is above.

Let's see how long it takes for gun control/AWB to get introduced....I guess soon, but I hope I am wrong...

fred
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Would this actually suprise anyone?

Demonrats, while being the evil spawn of satan, actually organize and push their wacky agenda.

Republicans on the other hand act like sniveling co-dependent alcoholics who are afraid of their own shadow and run from any and all confrontations and perpetually seek to be seen as the nice guys forgetting that their opposites passionately hate them and openly ridicule them. They are like the mentally challenged guy who buddies around with people who abuse him thinking that kind of treatment is normal.

But, "they are the lesser of two weevils".
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
But, "they are the lesser of two weevils".

agreed.

fred
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
While they didn't campaign on gun control and have been hurt by it in the past, it is part of their core values.  They will only bring it up if either some powerful congressman finds a way to force it onto their agenda or if they think it's an easy win.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's see how long it takes for gun control/AWB to get introduced....I guess soon, but I hope I am wrong...

Actually a new all-encompassing ban was introduced by senator Loutandturd of New Jersey in March of 2005.

Currently the bill is languishing in the Judiciary committee lacking the necessary number of co-sponsors, but could be revived any time after the new cabal takes over.

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:SN00645:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top