Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2001 7:27:40 PM EDT
I went to gun store and saw a new Armalite in 308. It has Flash suppressor, detachable mag and has pistol grip. This does not have carrying handle. It has an upper with serations on the top which looks like it can mount a scope or whatever. My question is this, This seems to be a post ban, but how can it have 3 evil features????
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it was a flash suppressor?  Armalite puts post-ban legal "recoil checks" (aka muzzle brakes) on a lot of their factory rifles.

The recoil checks are permanently attached instead of threaded on, allowing the semi auto rifle with detachable mag to have its one evil feature - the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are you sure it was a flash suppressor?  Armalite puts post-ban legal "recoil checks" (aka muzzle brakes) on a lot of their factory rifles.

The recoil checks are permanently attached instead of threaded on, allowing the semi auto rifle with detachable mag to have its one evil feature - the pistol grip.
View Quote

Yea, I see your point. It was probably a muzzle brake, now that I think about it....
Is this gun, made by Armalite, any good???
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
They are excellent for those who want an AR in 308.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an AR10A4, it's the full size with stainless barrel and flat top receiver.  Armalite makes iron sights for it; carry handle and front sight post, sold separately.  I have both iron sights and a scope for mine.  I love my ar10.  It is very accurate, and tons of fun to shoot.  The recoil is very small, not much more than the ar15.  I highly recommend this rifle to anyone looking to bring a little variety to the range.  Many law enforcement and military groups are now adopting the ar10(sr25) for sniper use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The AR10 is pretty spotty as far as function is concerned.

Many folks have no trouble at all, probably most folks as few folks post messages when their rifles work as advertised.

Several folks have had lots of trouble with theirs.  Check out the AR10 section.

Chuck,
I tried to find the AR10 section you spoke about and I don't get any hits. Is it on the AR15 website?

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
ebic:  at the very bottom of the main forums page just below "slings and other accessories"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top