for me over there right now, I'll be
keeping my eyes peeled.

I backpack/camp/hike and ski. Now, I just hope
its AR friendly.

Thanks guys,
Lefty 12
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
yes Oregon is a very AR friendly state. I love it here. I have the same interests you do, and Oregon is the perfect environment for me. We are a class three state, SBR and AOW also. Don't move to Multnomah county though. The sherriff here has a hard time signing form 4's. I don't know how he gets away with not signing them. But he will sign forms for SBR's.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking about Portland Oregon.
I hear its about 1 hr away from Mt. Hood.
1 hr away from the beach.
1 hr away from the woods.
Hopefully its 5 minutes away from the range. heh!

Well, I just applied for a contract position
with a firm in Portland. Bad luck, they
told me they are on a hiring freeze. DAMN!

Whats the word in Portland?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I live here in Portland, and it is close to just about everything. I go to the coast  just about every weekend, eather newport or south of Lincoln city. From my place it's about 1 1/2 hours drive south west. Mount Hood national forest is about 1/2 hours drive. This is where I normally shoot.  If you want a good range, Douglas ridge rifle club is about 40 min. from downtown Portland. They have a thousand yard range. Although they don't  let you shoot a .50, or class three weapons. Bunch of grumpy old men if you ask me. All in all I like it here. I moved from Montana, and still miss it. But I guess this is the best of both worlds. Peace. [>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top