Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 7:06:34 AM EDT
Sorry if this is a burned topic but I have been out of the loop for a while.

I heard (second hand info) of an FFL holder that was selling striped AR lowers that were not listed by name on the banded list.  I got excited but let the offer go because I could not bare to have an  AR without  at  lest one evil feature (namley the pistol grip).  God bless this guy anyway for having the balls to sell some thing that other dealers shy away from.

Then it hit me!  What happends when the "baned list by name" catches up to a legally purchased striiped AR lower?  It now turns from a stripped rifle receiver into an assult weapon.  When this happends will CA DOJ allow you to register it as an assult weapon?  If so, do you just send in that white assult weapons registration card with your $10 and finger print.

Most importantly have any of you californians out there recently register a stripper AR lower as an assult weapon that was "added to the baned list by name after the purchase?"

Please give me some solid feed back, I have several registered but can allways use another.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You may want to wonder of to the Kalifornistan forum........ it comes up everywhere on this board.

Allegedly, they are supposed to grandfather in the weapons, so they should still be legal once they are named.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top