Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:37:30 AM EDT
New gal here.  Advice pah-leeeease, 'cause I need some common sense as I am so 'postal' torqued at the new neigbors I admit I need some calming down.

I don't give rodent's hindquarters if the neighbors shoot up heroin while performing satanic orgies... just so long as they KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES (ie all windows closed and noise inaudable within my home).  

I haven't touched marijuana since my college days (as in threeeeee+++ decades ago) and am personally super straight now.  Let other folks do what they want and I don't CARE!!!

NOW! New neighbors smoke marijuana day in and day out since they moved in 4 -5 days ago.  And they leave their windows wide open so that with the southerly prevailing wind blows it over my direction.  Big dang deal.... EXCEPT!  Now that I FINALLY figured it out... I am having mega- 'asthmatic' type allergic responce.  I've NEVER experienced anything like it!!!

Saturday, I drove 300+++ miles out and back to a funeral and came home "fine".  But as soon as I got home and got the 2nd hand maryjane in my OWN home WITH storm windows all battened down... I was rapidly going la-la.  I couldn't breathe!  I had already called Friday  in to my MD for a a non-emergency appt, because I didn't know WHAT was wrong... yet.  

We do live in a "mobile home park"... but it's one of those-new type big-lot retiree-oriented (but not legally 55+ residents only) shangrila-by-the lake situations with "community standard" directives out the wazoo.

Yep, I'll consult with an atty today, and document w/ my MD next week... but right now I mainly want our good folks here to... wisely advise me before I go "handle" matters myself.!!!  

I'm documenting EVERYTHING... but I don't want to call in po-po for folks just smoking maryjane... BUT I am going to HAVE to do something!

(really I'm scared of what the new generation of druggies do to folks like me who report them.  OK, there, I said it.)

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Report 'em and if they try anything shoot 'em.  I thought pot heads were supposed to be non violent, just sitting around eating chocolate chip cookies
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Call your local PD. See if they are interested in sending over a narc in plain clothes.

If they are pick a time when you are fairly certain the neighbors will be getting high and have the officer over your house. Park him infront of the TV, give him something to drink  and let him know when they start...then he can call the cavalry and go lock them up. The only drawback is having a cop in your house for a few hours.

I am a LEO and have done this many times and have been sucessful. When the uniforms show up I sneak out of the persons house so the neighbors never know where I was.

It's going to depend on how creative you local PD is and how much initiave they have.

Good luck

Edit: I just saw you said you didnt want to call the cops...sorry for wasting your time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Rats!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Strike 1: Call Cops
Strike 2: Call Cops
Strike 3: Set their house on fire... then call cops.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Justice23, Maybe I didn't explain myself well... I don't care what people do PRIVATELY on their own time and on their own dime.... *but* their liberty ends where my breathing space begins (or otherwise endangers me)!!!  

"IF" the party animals had exercised the common decency to batten down their home and keep their drug use (ie marijuana smoke) totally PRIVATE and indoors I would not have any issue with them or desire to call LE.

BUT since they are brain-dead scum who thinks it's just fine to air out their home and share the love by inflicting their illegal DRUG on me, heck yeah,  LEOs are more than welcome to 'pull up a chair an' sit a spell!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I would take a very strong stance quiclky. When there is smoke there is fire, and when there is a house full of users, there is a neighborhood about to fall victim to narcotics deals. This almost always means that either the dealer comes to them, they deal out of the house, or both. Now you have strange people coming into your neighborhood, taking notice of your home and possessions which is not a good mix with people in need of a fix with questionable morals. Also dealing brings the off chance of violence should someone get jacked... something that actually happened at an apt complex i left years ago. I am sure none of this is a welcome addition to your neighborhood.

My friend had some trash move into a house next door with what appeared to be inheritence $. They hung out and smoked up day in and day out, but they generally kept it indoors. It wasn't long before strange people who had no business being in the neighborhood suddenly showed up (often on foot) in order to buy and sell to house members. My friend wasn't happy about it but he kept quiet. One day his GF's car was burglarized and that was when the SHTF. While they sat out on the porch next door, I brought out some AK-47s and passed them around my friends. we were just tinkering with them on our porch. But it sent out a signal. The next day three of us knocked on their door and explained we weren't happy with what's going on and it better stop or Nobody would be happy. Eyeballs grew the size of dinnerplates. The next 2-4 days we caught the stragglers who didn't get the message outside. We would intercept them on the street... 45's bulging from our waistbands and ask them where the F-ck they thought they were going. 2 of them just turned around and left. one of them answered to "that house" and we stated they closed up shop... rather WE closed it for them... now F-ck off.

What we did was foolish, but we were young and pissed, and it worked. There are better, smarter solutions available to people sensible enough to want to steer clear of conflict, reprisal, etc. and they should be done quickly before these people get comfortable and escalate things. Get the police involved and stay vigilant.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would take a very strong stance quiclky. When there is smoke there is fire, and when there is a house full of users, there is a neighborhood about to fall victim to narcotics deals. This almost always means that either the dealer comes to them, they deal out of the house, or both. Now you have strange people coming into your neighborhood, taking notice of your home and possessions which is not a good mix with people in need of a fix with questionable morals. Also dealing brings the off chance of violence should someone get jacked... something that actually happened at an apt complex i left years ago. I am sure none of this is a welcome addition to your neighborhood.

My friend had some trash move into a house next door with what appeared to be inheritence $. They hung out and smoked up day in and day out, but they generally kept it indoors. It wasn't long before strange people who had no business being in the neighborhood suddenly showed up (often on foot) in order to buy and sell to house members. My friend wasn't happy about it but he kept quiet. One day his GF's car was burglarized and that was when the SHTF. While they sat out on the porch next door, I brought out some AK-47s and passed them around my friends. we were just tinkering with them on our porch. But it sent out a signal. The next day three of us knocked on their door and explained we weren't happy with what's going on and it better stop or Nobody would be happy. Eyeballs grew the size of dinnerplates. The next 2-4 days we caught the stragglers who didn't get the message outside. We would intercept them on the street... 45's bulging from our waistbands and ask them where the F-ck they thought they were going. 2 of them just turned around and left. one of them answered to "that house" and we stated they closed up shop... rather WE closed it for them... now F-ck off.

What we did was foolish, but we were young and pissed, and it worked. There are better, smarter solutions available to people sensible enough to want to steer clear of conflict, reprisal, etc. and they should be done quickly before these people get comfortable and escalate things. Get the police involved and stay vigilant.  

yyyyyyyyyyyeah right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yyyyyyyyyyyeah right.

Seriously... Charlie Bronson wants the movie rights.

Yeah it sounds hard to swallow depending on where you live. All we did was fiddle with some AKs on a porch one night, and had a "chat" with those who saw us next door the following day. Otherwise we had a little less "C" in our CCWs, of which were hardly necessary.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I had a good talk with a narcotics officer, and they are starting an undercover investigation.

Thanks for the encouragement to be pro- active in this
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yyyyyyyyyyyeah right.

Seriously... Charlie Bronson wants the movie rights.

Yeah it sounds hard to swallow depending on where you live. All we did was fiddle with some AKs on a porch one night, and had a "chat" with those who saw us next door the following day. Otherwise we had a little less "C" in our CCWs, of which were hardly necessary.

Sorry, but that is exactly what I pictured.
that sure wouldn't have went well in NOVA/MD/DC LOL

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't snoop; don't care what my neighbors might be doing.

But if they intrude into my life with some illegal activity, I would call the law in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Whoa, double tap.

I better get this thing checked out.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but I'm more worried about someone coming to steal my guns once they know that I have them.  I prefer not to flash guns.  Then they know that you have them.  Then they tell they're friends, who tell their friends.  Then the last set of friends who no one really knows wait for you to leave and break in to steal your guns.  

Now I'm more scared of the worst case scenario with this one.  Being killed by my own gun(s).  And possibly other inocents being killed with my guns.

Let the authorities handle this, thats what they are there for.  Otherwise just go talk to your neighbors in a non threatening way.

One of the best ways that I have found to be safe and feal safe in your neighborhood is to talk with your neighbors.  ALL of them.  When you go out of town, who is going to watch your house and call the cops if someone strange is lerking.  If the neighbors of these kids on all sides don't like him and he knows it.  How's he going to know who called the cops.  Also, if you get everyones eyes in the neighborhood on them then they will know to tone it down.  Pressure him indirectly, its easy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Same concern here.

We are just going to wait for this weekend's party down time and call it in, now that LE has a file on them.

We are scrupulously polite with all the neighbors, and we long-time homeowners do keep to ourselves, and eyes are already on the new party animals.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have a Rave Party and some whacko will kill them all like what happened in Seattle
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have a Rave Party and some whacko will kill them all like what happened in Seattle

yeah, god knows that type shit never happens with the drinker.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it does and makes the Drudgereport I'll IM ya.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it does and makes the Drudgereport I'll IM ya.

the mighty grudge report aye?

Hell you might even shoot your brother.

www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2006/03/28/news/news03.txt

or your largest contributor like Cheney did
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's a CRAZY, NO AN INSANE IDEA why dont you just speak with your neighbor and tell them your problem ? CRAZY maybe but like any GOOD neighbor they cant fix what they dont know. I bet they would do their best not to piss you off so you dont go all snitch like and call the cops. Oh wait too late.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here's a CRAZY, NO AN INSANE IDEA why dont you just speak with your neighbor and tell them your problem ? CRAZY maybe but like any GOOD neighbor they cant fix what they dont know. I bet they would do their best not to piss you off so you dont go all snitch like and call the cops. Oh wait too late.

snitches

snitches are the lowest of the low. one should never to be trusted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]
You might want to close your window.

Did you even think about going over and talking to them? Call your lawyer? WTF
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Snitches are bitches that end up with stitches and in ditches.  It's marijuana ffs, these poor people will now probably end up in jail(probably longer than some pedo or murderer) because somebody wasn't  sociable enough to go over and talk to them face to face and sort the issue out like a civilized human being.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snitches are bitches that end up with stitches and in ditches.  It's marijuana ffs, these poor people will now probably end up in jail(probably longer than some pedo and murderer) because somebody wasn't  sociable enough to go over and talk to them and sort the issue out like a civilized human being.  

I've never heard that one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Talking to them would be a good idea.  If they don't fix the problem, however, you will be forced to do what you have to do, then they'll know it was you.

Also, what kind of an idiot smokes marijuana where everyone can smell, just trusting that people he's never met before will be cool with it?  Nail the fuckers.  I'm not a staunch anti-drug or anything, but you should bust them just because they're stupid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Update?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talking to them would be a good idea.  If they don't fix the problem, however, you will be forced to do what you have to do, then they'll know it was you.

Also, what kind of an idiot smokes marijuana where everyone can smell, just trusting that people he's never met before will be cool with it?  Nail the fuckers.  I'm not a staunch anti-drug or anything, but you should bust them just because they're stupid.

I agree stupid should hurt. The police arent really known for fixing problems and the chance they will stop long time pot smokers is slim. The cops may arrest them but as soon as they get home GUESS WHO"S GONNA LIGHT UP ASAP. The smokers STILL dont have a CLUE they are bothering anyone.
Call the cops again and repeat  .............................

Back to sqaure one.

I also try to be the kind of neighbor I want to live next to. Lots of people are ignorant and just need a little coaching. My next door neighbor (old people) had problems with thier new neighbors (punks).
My neighbors are older and like yourself were afraid of how the dopers would react so they did call the cops more than once. The cops show up and nothing really gets changed.  
Guess what the dopers did ?  
They started playing music (bass) louder than they ever had before just to annoy the old people or whom ever was calling the cops. Well the bass carried to my house will no problem, so I went over to speak with the pot smoking partying homeowner.
He told me about the cops and he didnt know who called them so everybody was going to suffer. Why didnt someone just ask him to tone it down ? Why did they have to be chicken shit and call the cops when he would have responded to a simple request ? "The cops didnt do a damn thing so call em again"  he said.
I told him I didnt call the cops, his fucking music is bothering me and others. If he wants respect he is going to have to give it too. Turn the fucking music down and take the parties inside at a resonable hour and we can all be friends. If he doesnt respect my rights, I WILL NOT RESPECT his right to live in peace.

Its tough to try to be nice and civil to some dumb fuck wannabe gansta living in a house his daddy bought him but I did and guess what that was about 5 years ago. He toned it down and even started to wave when he walks his pit pull down the street.

In less than 5 minutes and psyops4fun problem would have been over. Like I said some people just need a little coaching on how to be a good neighbor.

psyops4fun why are you so afraid ?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree stupid should hurt. The police arent really known for fixing problems and the chance they will stop long time pot smokers is slim. The cops may arrest them but as soon as they get home GUESS WHO"S GONNA LIGHT UP ASAP. The smokers STILL dont have a CLUE they are bothering anyone.
Call the cops again and repeat  .............................

Back to sqaure one.

I also try to be the kind of neighbor I want to live next to. Lots of people are ignorant and just need a little coaching. My next door neighbor (old people) had problems with thier new neighbors (punks).
My neighbors are older and like yourself were afraid of how the dopers would react so they did call the cops more than once. The cops show up and nothing really gets changed.  
Guess what the dopers did ?  
They started playing music (bass) louder than they ever had before just to annoy the old people or whom ever was calling the cops. Well the bass carried to my house will no problem, so I went over to speak with the pot smoking partying homeowner.
He told me about the cops and he didnt know who called them so everybody was going to suffer. Why didnt someone just ask him to tone it down ? Why did they have to be chicken shit and call the cops when he would have responded to a simple request ? "The cops didnt do a damn thing so call em again"  he said.
I told him I didnt call the cops, his fucking music is bothering me and others. If he wants respect he is going to have to give it too. Turn the fucking music down and take the parties inside at a resonable hour and we can all be friends. If he doesnt respect my rights, I WILL NOT RESPECT his right to live in peace.

Its tough to try to be nice and civil to some dumb fuck wannabe gansta living in a house his daddy bought him but I did and guess what that was about 5 years ago. He toned it down and even started to wave when he walks his pit pull down the street.

In less than 5 minutes and psyops4fun problem would have been over. Like I said some people just need a little coaching on how to be a good neighbor.

psyops4fun why are you so afraid ?

If it's too loud, you're too old!!!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#30]
old maid probably hasn't been laid in years.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#31]
+1 on ASKING them to tone the smoke down.  there's a chance that they had NO IDEA that it was bothering anyone else.  if you call the cops, they'll hate you for it and it probably wasn't even necessary in the first place.  plus, it's usually considered wise not to bring "THE MAN" into your life unless absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Same thing here.All I did is call L.E
(NARCS) .One week later all gone,
Go figure. Thanks Houston P.D
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
+1 on ASKING them to tone the smoke down.  there's a chance that they had NO IDEA that it was bothering anyone else.  if you call the cops, they'll hate you for it and it probably wasn't even necessary in the first place.  plus, it's usually considered wise not to bring "THE MAN" into your life unless absolutely necessary.

Not a good idea to approach them and tell them the smoke bothers you in you're home.
They will probably tell you it's none of your business what I do in my home.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a good idea to approach them and tell them the smoke bothers you in you're home.
They will probably tell you it's none of your business what I do in my home

Is that what you would say to your neighbor if she came over and said your cig smoke or air freshener was making them sick ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that what you would say to your neighbor if she came over and said your cig smoke or air freshener was making them sick ?

My neighbor's are pretty far , I have almost 3 acres.but if I was on my  back deck
smoking a cigarette and she came over to tell me my smoke was bothering her.
Then yea I would tell her I,m sorry for that but maybe you should go inside you're house then.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My neighbor's are pretty far , I have almost 3 acres.but if I was on my  back deck
Then yea I would tell her I,m sorry for that but maybe you should go inside you're house then.

well, not all people are jerks.  i fail to see how you can say its "not a good idea" to politely ask them to tone it down.  what's the worst that could happen?  they say "no" and are rude, and then she can call the cops.  if she calls the cops first, and they didn't even know they were bothering anybody, they are going to be VERY ANGRY.

how would you like it if you were playing some loud music inside your house, and your neighbor called the police because it was bothering him without even asking you to turn it down first?  it's passive-aggressive behavior and simply not a polite thing to do at all.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, not all people are jerks.  i fail to see how you can say its "not a good idea" to politely ask them to tone it down.  what's the worst that could happen?  they say "no" and are rude, and then she can call the cops.  if she calls the cops first, and they didn't even know they were bothering anybody, they are going to be VERY ANGRY.

how would you like it if you were playing some loud music inside your house, and your neighbor called the police because it was bothering him without even asking you to turn it down first?  it's passive-aggressive behavior and simply not a polite thing to do at all.

In theory I agree with you , in most cases.  but she really doesn't know these people at all
and has never spoken to them. So the first time she does it to tell them the pot
smoke is bothering her. Now if they continue they will know she called the cops on them.
That's the problem I have with it. Maybe if she had talked to them on other occasions
just to say hi . But just to approach them on this subject the first time she talks to them.
Maybe it's a bad idea
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In theory I agree with you , in most cases.  but she really doesn't know these people at all
and has never spoken to them. So the first time she does it to tell them the pot
smoke is bothering her. Now if they continue they will know she called the cops on them.
That's the problem I have with it. Maybe if she had talked to them on other occasions
just to say hi . But just to approach them on this subject the first time she talks to them.
Maybe it's a bad idea

I personally think they would have done something to remedy the situation were the neighbor to pop in to say, "look y'all I can smell you partying , I know others can, be more careful,I'd hate to see the police show up because someone else noticed as well. just a heads up"

Hell they would have been grateful I betcha. but apparently that was too much to do.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#39]
She did the right thing to call the police.  New neighbors, never any sort of contact, for all she knew they could be escaped convicts.  She is not a snitch just because she is not covering for others' illegal activities.  I am not anti-pot smoking but at this point it is against the law.  Possibly in the future they will legalize it and tax it- I see a nice source of revenue hehe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
She did the right thing to call the police.  New neighbors, never any sort of contact, for all she knew they could be escaped convicts.  She is not a snitch just because she is not covering for others' illegal activities.  I am not anti-pot smoking but at this point it is against the law.  Possibly in the future they will legalize it and tax it- I see a nice source of revenue hehe.

nothing like starting out with new neighbors as the one who snitched em out.

AFAIC she's still a snitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top