Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
a couple of years ago, i sent in the form (cant remember the number ~ 3620 ?) for transporting NFA items interstate.  they sent back a note saying they could not find the record.  well, i talked with several folks ref. this incident and did nothing (probably should have...).  

anyway, was wondering what the best course of action might be to correct this.  i was thinking of making a copy of my Form 4 and send in the 3620 this go around and see what happens?  

any past experience in this area would be appreciated from the legal standpoint....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Typically when this happens it's because they ran the serial number wrong.  Ran a O for a 0 or a I for a l  or a 1

You do not need a 5320.20 for silencers and AOWs but will for other NFA items, the ATF will approve back forth travel for a calender year at a time on those items to your our of state location.

Send in the form 5320.20 again and just include a copy of your form 4 on the item, it will be hard for them to claim it's not in the system when they have the copy of the original form.

So, I live in AZ.  I could legally take my AAC Evo-9 suppressor (which my LLC owns on a Form 4) to Front Sight (Nevada) w/o any paperwork, registrations or approvals?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top