Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 12:46:52 PM EDT
I traded uppers with a guy in indiana( I'm in AZ) I sent mine to him pretty much as soon as I got off the phone that was almost a month ago first it was " I got your upper today ,It looks great ,but the post office says you refused delivery on mine and they're sending it back" I investigated at the P.O. they said there was no delivery. I wait about two weeks for it to get back to him ,He says it never came so he says he does an ins. claim and he could send me this other upper he has, I actually like this new one better so I say "go for it" that was about two weeks ago and I got nothing and now he doesn't answer his phone or respond to emails. I'm willing to leave open the possibillity that something happened to make him operate this way ( maybe he had something catastrophic happen ie family death or personal illness) but if he doesn't come around what recourse do I have . Sorry for the long post, but I really could use some advise  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
you like to hope that you are not getting the raw end of a real bad deal. but at this point it sounds like a road trip is in order. let us know how this works out. i hope the best for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
since it's across state borders what agency would I call? I also have considered a road trip but that would actually cost more than the upper.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Was this deal started in the EE? If so, go ahead and post negative feed back, you can always take back what you say about him, but at least some other dude hopefully won't get raped by him.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]
If it was an EE deal, IM an EE MOD.

Ask the guys in IN for a little help.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have posted in the feedback forum as well as the hometown indiana forum. thank you for the advise. I have gotten enough response from mods and members to think this may actually get resolved.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
1) This is generally the first step I use in resolving such issues. SEND A REGISTERED LETTER! You get 'proof' that your letter was sent... and this is the first step in more serious legal action. I've gotten satisfaction EVERY time I've used this tactic!

2) Investigate the possibility that the gov't can help! Someone (an FFL dealer) once told me that if my check bounced he could sick the BATF on me. (I pay cash now.) Crossing state lines makes it a Federal issue... FBI is a threat to put in the letter in (1) above.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Resolved , He sent my upper back to me it appears to be whole . Thank you to every one that helped
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Resolved , He sent my upper back to me it appears to be whole . Thank you to every one that helped

So he had no intention of sending you an upper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top