Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2005 9:56:53 AM EDT
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right forum, please direct if I'm in the wrong spot.

About, oh, say 2 months ago, I "purchased" a couple firearms from EE.  They were nothing special, a .22 and SxS shotgun.  

So I sent the money order (western union), finally got ahold of my dealer to send an FFL all was good.  Well, the kid decided to leave town for a couple weeks over break (He's in college).  Then he lost my FFL, so I sent another THEN he couldn't find  a box that would fit the shotgun.  This kind of B.S. has gone on since then.  Now, he informs me they are his dad's guns and now his dad doesn't want to sell them.  

Well, as of about a week ago, he was supposed to have sent a M.O. with my money back.  called him I think Mon, and he said it went out Fri, wrote an e-mail Wed. and he said he did a confirmation (which I didn't think you could do on a letter??) and he said it would be here Sat.  Well guess what... it's not here.

He's in Indiana and I'm in Kansas... Is there anything I can do?  Should I contact the local authorities there, or do I even have any ground to stand on???  Should I write him today, and state "I'm going to wait until Mon. to get the payment back, then I'm calling the local authorities to get this solved" as somewhat of a "scare" tactic??   Just don 't know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gundraw

P.S. The guy I bought it from doesn't ever post here, it was kind of a one post deal I believe.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The guy I bought it from doesn't ever post here, it was kind of a one post deal I believe.

Email the guy and tell him that time is up and you will be contacting the Postal Inspectors and his local LEO.  Explain that it is against the law to steal from someone.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Not that it will likely do any good for you, but see if you can't "Hall of Shame" him, too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Where abouts in Indiana, sounds like a scammer to me.  EDIT:  Also NEVER EVER EVER EVER send money via western union unless its a close family member.  There is no way to verify who recieved the money as well as no recourse for you if you end up dealing with a scammer.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where abouts in Indiana, sounds like a scammer to me.  

EDIT:  Also NEVER EVER EVER EVER send money via western union unless its a close family member.  There is no way to verify who recieved the money as well as no recourse for you if you end up dealing with a scammer.  

It's terre haute Indiana

Gundraw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top