Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 1:31:43 PM EDT
The recent background check record retention change proposed by the AG raises interesting questions about what information Uncle Sam has about our firearms ownership, even without imposing a dreaded "National Firearms Registration" on us.  Does anyone know?  A suspicious person might think that the current policy of holding them for 90 days enabled the government to record the information elsewhere.
Apart from that though, what records do they have?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy, i guess no one really knows.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to say that shortening time of government record keeping of gun purchase to 24 hours doesnt do much... whats to stop them from illegally keeping all the records? they could make up some dumb excuse anyways... Do person to person whenever possible...
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are a MA resident, our PC liberals register PERMANENTLY all firearm transactions, private sale or FFL sale,rifle, pistol, shotgun. Only thing exempt is muzzleloaders. They keep the registration of your guns in the same place they keep the records of lawful firearm license holders. It's a place the state calls The Criminal History Systems Board. That tells you what our elite royal class thinks about honest, responsible citizens.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
In Idaho, you only have to show your CCW to get your weapon.  No insta-check.  And the FFL's I know are really afraid of accidental fires.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The government has way more firearms information than you think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top