Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 8:38:10 AM EDT
I have a post ban sar-1 and I want to put a compensator on it.  I bought a k-var press-on compensator, but without the right machinery the barrel will most likely be bent.  I am considering threading the barrel and the compensator, and then installing it permenantly.

Are there any legality issues doing this?

Pres
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Legally, you can do it as long as it's blind-pinned, with the pin welded over, or high-temp silver soldered (1100F), or four or more equidistant spot welds.

You can also legally thread to a 'non-standard' thread, for which no flash hider exists, and then the brake/compensator need not be made permanent.

Mechanically, you might have trouble threading a brake/comp which has been bored for a press-fit and getting it to thread on securely.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This is true.  Hopefully, there is enough metal.  Otherwise he can machine the inside diameter a little bit, and then silver solder it on there.  I honestly don't care to remove it, I just want a compensator.

Pres
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top