Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 2:38:31 PM EDT
For a long time i have been wanting a bushmaster M17S.  I recently stumbled onto this site and discovered Kurt's Kustom firearms in the industry forums section.  His work was really neat and I wanted to get a custom M17 like the one on his website.  

Well it turns out that I discover 3 weeks ago that I will be in Florida near KKF at the beginning of August.  So, my dealer says he can get me a new M17S for $600 plus tax.  It takes me a couple of days to get around to plunking down the deposit.  During that time, his supplier runs out of m17S's and he has a hard time finding them.  2 weeks go by and he can't find one at any of his suppliers.  

Today, I find an M17S on gunbroker for $575 that is NIB with a factory pre-ban 30rd mag.  I clear it with my dealer to make sure he is cool and then win the auction with the "buy it now" function.  The seller is in SC.  I don't think I will have time to get the funds to the seller in time to recieve the gun in Houston before my trip.  I really wanted to hand carry the gun to FL to get the custom work done to save time and money in shipping.

Is there any way I can have the gun shipped to KKF from SC and legally pick it up myself in FL even though I am not an FL resident?
David

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely - provided you clear it with Kurt Wala, and that it's legal under both FL and TX state law.

Kurt can take delivery of the M17, do the work, and then "sell" it to you with a 4473 and NICS check in Florida at his premises, for you to take home with you.  This is possible since it's a long gun sale, and he's a licensed mfg (which means he gets to "deal", too).
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
To sell you the rifle direct it would have to comply with rules of transfer set by your State's laws. I know you could not be a VA resident because there is a state police check rather than a NICS federal check which Kurt as a non VA gun dealer could not have access to.

Federally this is fine but there could be a state hitch depending upon your state's laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top