Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
My XO, who I trust will my whole like, told me that when I go home on leave an a few eeks with my LMT SOCOM stock that I ordered in the states and had shipped to me here in Iraq, that i will not make it past custom in Dallas (where I will be flying into) and that they will sieze my stock "because no weapons part allowed to be taken back from Iraq."

I contested him because yes it is a wepaons part but it is not a military part. Also I will keep it sealed in the box it came in (its not here yet).

Is my XO right and will I run inot any problems at customs?

If so how can I get the stock back to the states???????????
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesnt anyone have any idea?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
svtfast,
How about shipping it back home to yourself? Would that be allowed thru the APO? I mean you did order it for yourself and had it delivered to you in Iraq so it doesn't belong to the military so I would think you should be able to ship it home if you don't think you'll make it thru customs at the airport. Ask your XO if he thinks it would be possible to ship it back to your home so you can have it when you get there on leave. I hope this is a little bit of help or atleast something to ask about. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
i was thinking about doing the  "return to sender" thing. The army PO is a real bitch here, I would have to lie my ass off to send the stock back . I will try though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
svtfast,
That sucks. Well I wish you luck and I also wish that the restrictions on what soldiers can send or bring home would be loosened up. I figure if you are putting your life on the line for the sake of freedom and to protect your country that you should be allowed to send back almost anything for war trophies. Good luck and take care of yourself. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Get one of your unit's armorers to carry it back for you in a parts bin.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
i am just going on leave. i want to fininsh  my ar when i am home since i cannot have it in germany.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Customs: Thats a gun part.
You: Airsoft, dumbass!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i am just going on leave. i want to fininsh  my ar when i am home since i cannot have it in germany.

rgr, I was just thinking worst case if you couldn't get it home on leave.

Honestly, I would leave it all packed up when you get it, and just take it with you.  Chances are, the customs guys in Dallas won't ask if you leave it packed up, and will jsut assume it's a care package.  If they do, make your first answer simple, along the lines of "Some stuff i ordered from home while I was deployed."  Don't give them more info unless they push for it, and then simply and politely explain what it is and that you purchased it privately.  You might be surprised at how well that might work.  The key is to keep it simple, be polite, and don't come across like you're trying to pull a fast one; don't give them any reason to be suspicious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top