Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
I have a Fulton Armory FAR-15 on the EE. I've gotten a couple of responses and I'm now wondering about a couple things.

1.) If someone sends you the FFL that they would like you to send the rifle to, how do you verify that the FFL is legitimate? Is there some sort of database?
2.) I am not an FFL. Do I need to send this through an FFL on my end (MD) to the buyer's FFL on the other end(for arguements sake say KY)?
3.) What is the shipping service to send firearms through?
4.) Is it best to ship the firearm in a broken down configuration, say, like having the bolt removed from the receiver?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
question 1 check here

https://www.atfonline.gov/FFLeZCheck

Question 2

you dont usually have to send a rifle thru an FFL to an FFL but sometimes the accepting dealer would prefer it that way, I wont go thru the added expense

question 3

Fed ex next day insured, a bit expensive but it does'nt have time to "get Lost" you must tell them it's a firearm

Question 4

either way you are comfortable with

these are just my opinions and what works best for me YMMV
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.. that's pretty much exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much YD1

Quoted:
question 1 check here

https://www.atfonline.gov/FFLeZCheck

Question 2

you dont usually have to send a rifle thru an FFL to an FFL but sometimes the accepting dealer would prefer it that way, I wont go thru the added expense

question 3

Fed ex next day insured, a bit expensive but it does'nt have time to "get Lost" you must tell them it's a firearm

Question 4

either way you are comfortable with

these are just my opinions and what works best for me YMMV

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top