Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 5:36:57 PM EDT
I accidentally ran over my range bag when I was backing up in the garage.  My AK is totally destroyed.  Receiver and barrel are bent none of it can be repaired.  The pistol is damaged too (only the bent barrel) but I do not think it would be a good idea to use it anymore even if I got the new barrel.

My question is this.  Do I have to report to someone that my guns no longer function? What should I do with the damaged guns? Melt them or throw them in the Michigan? Use a hammer to make the unrecognizable?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Strip them down for salvageable parts.  Everything that isn't of use, destroy, whether you cut it up, or melt it down, etc.  If you don't have the ability to do so, there are plenty of IL guys who will help you.   Pics?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
At least you didn't run over an AR.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You might head over to the Hometown forum, we've got a lot of people there who would probably help.

You didn't say what kind of pistol it was - you said just the barrel, which means I am assuming it's a wheelie and not an auto since you didn't say slide. Depending on how the rest of the frame looks
- you might be able to replace it, or have it replaced.

As far as the AK goes - you can get parts for those easily, and it would be a fun project to rebuild. Mosher's has Ak lower's in stock, and even a few parts kits - there are a number of places to get parts on line (at least until that new ATF thing goes into place).

That's what I'd likely do - but then - I like projects.

Of course, you could always just give/person to person transfer them to someone who likes projects ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top