Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 5:19:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I never heard of that, where the FFL needs the sellers DL for a transfer, I don't see why he just can't get the guy's name and address from you, or the package......you are the one that is getting the firearm, and have to comply with the DL thing........it could be a state law, or he is just adding more to it then it needs to be....what I would do is have him show you in black and white, either state or federal law,  that he needs a DL from the seller to do a transfer........my guess if that no such law exist, except in his mind.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if it is only in his mind (doubtful, he's been in the gun biz for many years), I don't have too many FFL choices and don't want to  upset him over this matter.  I was more upset with the seller for not responding when I knew he'd seen the IMs and possibly the emails.  I WILL be more careful about exactly what get sent in the future.  

I fairly certain the FFL had the address and name from the shipping label, but he thinks he's required to have positive proof of who the rifle came from.  I was finally contacted by the seller shortly after posting the story and the transfer will be taken care of tomorrow; just in time for the weekend.  

He didn't think he could legally put it in his book without proof of the source.  I've heard of this before but don't know the details.  There are also more than a few FFLs that will only receive something from out of state if it comes from another FFL.  It isn't a requirement, but is their choice.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top