Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:36:15 AM EDT
I sold a shotgun on gunbroker to a guy that lives in NV.  He sent me an FFL copy from his local shop and along w/ the FFL is a letter from the shop saying to include a copy of your driver's license.  This is the first time I've ever had a place request that, and I don't have a clue as to why they'd need it?  I've shipped several firearms to dealers and none had me do that.  I can see how they'd need it if they were shipping me a restricted item, but that's not the case.  Does Nevada have special requirements or something?  

I'll likely go and ahead and send it along with the firearm, but this just kinda struck me as odd.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a guess, but the FFL wants to verify the address of the sender for logging into his bound book.  It's not an off the map requirement, but I would blot out your DOB and maybe even your DL # when you send the copy to avoid identity theft.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm...  Yeah, I don't like giving out more info these days with identity theft so rampant.  This place specifically asks for your DOB along with the copy.  Weird.  I thought maybe it was to prevent stolen property being transfered, but they run the serial # to verify that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top