Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 8:24:21 AM EDT
If I wanted to build an 80% lower what paperwork and other hoops have to be jumped through to be legal. I have seen alot of other info on the topic but hadn't heard about this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
For the Feds, zip, as long as you don't build an "assault rifle" and you don't build it "with the intent to sell".  In NJ, I couldn't find anything in the laws about building one for your own use, except a little section on 'zip guns".  Take a look at your state's website, see if there's a link to the laws & do a search.

I think all the states use a format like NJ does,

http://www.state.nj.us/

HTH,
Norm
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
OK so it goes like this, if I buy an 80% lower and finish it myself. Then I buy a post ban parts kit, the gun doesn't need any type of federal paperwork. No background check, or anything. WOW, I just figured that the govt would wan't to charge a fee or something. Very Cool, I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top