Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 9:59:51 AM EDT
Someone in a local gun store mentioned that buried among other gun laws we all know and love so well, no gun may be sold after 1/1/2002 without a state-approved gun safety lock, and that at the moment no gun lock has been approved yet (I am dying from not being surprised).  Anyone have more detail on this?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i hear its a Smart gun bill i saw it in a clip on fox news yeah basicly it would ban guns in P.R.K.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a beginning list of approved locks on the DOJ website.  If you have a safe with the approved features and can provide proof, that will suffice.

The smart gun bill is a whole other thing and very very bad.  Would effectively ban all handguns.  Oh well, another reason to go on a buying spree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top