Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2001 6:50:57 PM EDT
Is the law specific on what one should do with some older style military rifles and handguns? Are we violating the law if they are not registered?? Are firearms that were given to us by parent or grandparent in military or brought back from WWII, illegal without registering?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking about machineguns or other weapons regulated under the NFA (machineguns, supressors, short barreled rifles/shotguns, etc), they must be registered or they are contraband.  Other weapons do not need to be registered, unles required by state law (and I don't thin there's any such requirement in PA).
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Are we violating the law if they are not registered??
View Quote

Pennsylvania has no legal gun registration. Absolutely no reason to register any non class III weapons (machine guns, silencers, short barreled rifles/shotguns).
The reason I say no legal registration is because the PA State police keep an illegal registry of firearms purchases.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, look the firearms that I am talking about are those which were owned by family members that fought in our wars. In germany, during WWII you could send back ANYTHING that you found. That is to say, if you could find the wood to build a box and had the time. Germany confiscated all civilian firearms and my relatives you fought in the war can attest to that. So those people who say that Hitler did not confiscate are incorrect. I work with people who did not believe he did this. Mind you, one of the people that I work with is a man who was in a concentration camp in poland. He escaped. I can not seem to convince him otherwise. He was a young child when he escaped but nonetheless he is wrong.
Back on the subject.....My point is, there are many firearms which men who fought for our freedom legally own and should have no intervention in there posession.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
So you are rummaging thru your uncle Willy's belongings, he was a WWII combat vet and just passed away. You open an old foot locker you found in the attic and inside is all his WWII stuff and lo and behold there at the bottom is a just like new MP40 with all the trimmings and a couple of genuine potato masher grenades. Whatcha gonna do? Aunt Bessie just wants that old junk out of her house. Tough decision. Just another one of those things that makes you go Hmmmmmm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top