Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 4:49:15 PM EDT
why cant you take a pre ban upper take the bayo lug off and put it on a postban lower with thumbhole stock I all ready asked this in the rifle section but thought id get some feedback here
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you would be trading the pistol grip for a flash suppressor.  I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Anybody know otherwise?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
no go,batf classifies a thumbhole stock the same as a pistol grip.mmk
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If a pistol grip counts the same as a thumbhole stock, why does my SAR 4800 have a thumbhole stock and not the standard FN-FAL pistol grip?

If they counted the same it wouldn't be illegal to change the SAR 4800 to a pistol grip, but it is.

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Pistol grip stock is an "evil feature." Thumbhold stock is not.

If you remove the "evil features" from a firearm, you can put it together any way you want. You get ONE feature for 922r.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem with pistol-grips VS. butthole stocks depends on 2 different laws.

1989- imported rifles could have NO evil items like flash suppressors, folding stock, pistol grips.  The way that the law defined a "Pistol Grip" left open the possibillity of connecting the bottom, and POOF!!!    It's no longer a pistol grip....it's a butthole stock!

But the 1994 law for domestic rifles defines a pistol grip with different terms, which make butthole stocks considered the same a pistol grips for US made rifles

So...

Thumbhole stocks count as an evil item on AR's, so try one of the other "non-pistol grip" thingys instead.  ZM weapons makes one that looks like a hook.  I plan to get one, but haven't yet.

As for the SAR 4800... Add enough US parts to that thing and you can ditch that butthole stock!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top