Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 7:40:57 PM EDT
I seen a mini-14 that was trip fire (fires when trigger pulled and then again when released) for sale on GunBroker.  Is that legal to do or have?  I didnt think it was legal too have a release fire trigger.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
in is one function of the trigger, out is another if I am not mistaken. Contact ATFE for thier interpretation though
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Please post any official answer you get.  Are there similar systems for the AR15?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I will have to do some research on it when I have some time.  The reason I think it is illegal is because I was going to build a bolt action bench gun and have a realease trigger on it for accuracy but a couple of gunsmiths I talked to would not do it and said release triggers were illegal.  

IDK
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one of these devices for a Mini-14 a long-long-long-.... time ago.

It came with a letter from the BATF stating that is was legal.

Never did anything with it and ended up trading it away - it only cost about $8.

That's about all I remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top